Cerebral Palsy Foundation Of India
Keeping Current-Translating Knowledge from Research to Practice
In the management of Cerebral Palsy
20th November, 2011 (Sunday)
Sai International Auditorium
Main Auditorium, Lodhi Road, Opposite Sai Baba Mandir
Institute Of Child Development
C-17, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi-110017 Phone; 9810154411
Cerebral Palsy Foundation Of India
Dear Colleagues / Parents,
On behalf of the Scientific Committee of the Cerebral Palsy Foundation of India (CPFI), it gives us great pleasure to invite you to attend our Annual Cerebral Palsy Conference in New Delhi, India during November 2011. The theme this year is”Keeping Current-Translating Knowledge from Research to Practice in the management of Cerebral Palsy including a good start to diagnosis, early intervention, spasticity management, surgery, participation and quality of life”.
Cerebral Palsy management is a major candidate for improvement in any vision of the kinds of Medical information highways and information societiesthat are now being visualized. The interactive communication between healthcare providers and their patients or other healthcare providers regardless of geographic distance is essential. The objective of any Medical Information Society that can be imagined for the modern era must be to provide a global uniform level of healthcare.
To facilitate the possibilities for any international collaboration, standardized approaches must be adopted. Every organization must follow the standard Model of management especially ICF Model of management for person with Cerebral Palsy. The assessment procedure and the scales used should be standardized as much as possible.
CPCon2011 is the first Indian conference on Keeping Current-Translating Knowledge from Research to Practice In the management of Cerebral Palsy and its associated concepts and technologies. It will be an opportunity for the Indian community to exchange ideas and develop a common vision for the future of World Cerebral Palsy Care. Contribution to the progress of developing a global CP Management Technique will include scientific papers demonstrations, forums and opinion/future vision papers. The organizing committee has been working to make CPCon2011 a truly memorable experience for all participants.
We sincerely hope that you will join us in making CPCon2011 a success.
We look forward to welcoming you to New Delhi and to CPCon2011.
The Team of CP Foundation of India
Who can attend?
- Person with Cerebral Palsy
- Caregiver / parents of person with CP
- Occupational Therapists
- Rehabilitation Therapists
- Developmental Therapists
- Special Educators
- Speech Therapists
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- PMR Specialists
- Programme Managers / Coordinators
- Spasticity Management Specialists
- Anybody interested to know about Cerebral Palsy
(Note: The conference will be bilingual: Literature / Presentation in English and explanation in Hindi)
Highlights of the Conference
- Introduction to Cerebral Palsy including Recent and Modified Definition, Variants, Etiology and Associated disorders
- Typical development of a child with Cerebral Palsy: Normal/ Deviated/ Abnormal
- Early Identification of Cerebral Palsy through Prechtle’s Method
- ICF Model and Assessment Techniques
- Presence of Associated disorders Versus Prognosis
- CP Therapy: What does it mean?
- NDT Or SI : Rationalism-Evidence Based Practice
- Usage of Aids / Appliances in the management of CP
- Role of Oral Drugs in CP: Myths and Practice
- Botox : An integrated part of Spasticity management
- Intrathecal baclofen Pump and its role in spasticity management
- Advancement in Orthopedic Surgery in CP
OSSCS, SEMLLARS or still Traditional
- HBOT and its place in the management of CP
- Stem Cell Therapy : Hot or not in CP
- Alternative Medicines: How good or bad these are for person with CP?
- Question-Answer session
- Gift hamper for best questions
- Certificate of participation
- Ready Reckoner - CD Version
Faculties / Speakers
Cerebral Palsy Foundation of India has been fortunate enough to have association with 300 or more professionals working in the field of disability especially with persons with cerebral palsy from India and Abroad.
CP Foundation of India has been associated with the following service providers for long so they are always part of the programme
Intra thecal Baclofen Pump
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Stem Cell therapy
Newer Ortho-Surgical Procedure: OSSCS- SEMLLARS
Aids / Appliances
Registration contribution for the Conference
Student / Trainee
Registration fee also includes educational materials, Refreshment, lunch and beverage break, and CD
For overnight hotel accommodation contact the Accommodation Coordinator
Cheque to be made in favour of “ Institute of Child Development, New Delhi” and send through courier to
Vashishta Orthopedic Clinic, B-35, Shivalik, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi
Cash to be deposited for registration at the following Centre:
Institute Of child Development, C-17,LGF,Malviya Nagar, New Delhi-17
Vashistha Hospital, B-35, Shivalik,Panchsheel-Geetanjali Roafd, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi-17