Cerebral Palsy Foundation Of India (CPFI) is an association of Professionals and Parents of Children with Cerebral Palsy. CPFI is a Registered Trust which is exclusively dedicated for the person with Cerebral Palsy. CPFI is fortunate enough to have a large number of members from India and Abroad. Parents with Cerebral Palsy afflicted persons are the pillars of the organization. Most of the renowned Expert in the field of Cerebral Palsy from India are directly or indirectly associated with CPFI. A few International Experts have also promised to support CPFI whenever there is a need.
As CPFI is an Association, it is not going to have its own isolated Centre; rather it will have 10 pilot projects in India, from where it will function to cater the needs of persons with Cerebral Palsy. First three pilot projects have been started already. CPFI will have at least one service centre in every district of India with the help of parents and professionals.
The mission of the Trust is to assist persons with Cerebral Palsy and Allied Disorders throughout the world. Regardless of their physical, mental and spiritual well-being, race, caste or severity of their disability
We believe that each person with Cerebral Palsy and Allied Disorders has a special need and ability, is an individual in his/her own right, that they should have the freedom to enjoy these inalienable rights. They, too, have a place in this world, and they are entitled to it.
Our Plan Of Work
- Develop strategies based on scientific rationale, economical in scope, utilizing local resources wherever possible and sustainable with minimal governmental aid in the long term. This would mean the organization of a well-knit pool of volunteers and social workers, each contributing their own might to the aims and objectives of the Trust.
- Use a collaborative and multi-disciplinary approach for establishing an efficient and cost effective functioning and programme planning.
- Work in association and collaborative spirit with the organizations engaged in similar activities and ideals of work.
- Develop a network of common goals, with other similar organizations, and imbibe in it a spirit of generosity, cooperation and mutual understanding and respect.
- Make the persons with the disabilities and their whole families an integral part of our team effort to help the disabled person to achieve the desired quality of life.
- Constantly strive to achieve the highest standards of work. Services and therapeutic approaches with the help of peer guidance from local, Indian and foreign experts.
- Facilities of self advocacy for such persons.